Friday 12 June 2009

Design Festival aftermath!


These are terrible pictures I took of my display at the design festival so apologies for that; it looked a lot better in real-life! I won a 2nd place award for best 2D Design on the opening night which was a huge surprise! Well, the Festival is over for this year and I have to say, it was so much more awesome than I thought it would be. I joined a bit last minute so wasn't really sure what to expect and how much space I would have but it was a really decent space and I could've made a lot more of it. Next year I'm going all-out and will hopefully have a REALLY awesome display! The BDF Blog wrote a very cool little snippet about my display here ; it's been so cool that people who haven't seen my work people really responded to it at the Festival; apparently, my stand went down a storm with all-ages which is a fantastic thing to hear!
Packing up yesterday, I had a stack of comments left on my notepad from people who liked my stuff and I was really chuffed to read some of them! One in particular from a 13 year-old called Lucy was so nice!
I also received an email that could potentially be very exciting but I'll say more about that after next Tuesday if anything comes of it. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails