Tuesday 22 March 2011

A busy and exciting last few days!


Do you ever get those days where you feel very down about your work only to have something awesome happens to make you feel a billion times better? I had one of those days last week! On Thursday, I set aside a chunk of time to send work out to publishers. I emailed people, rang people, printed stuff and made promo packs ready to send out in the afternoon. I had a list of places to try and ended up ringing one of them to find out if they accept submissions and who to send them to. The very lovely person I spoke to gave me her email address and I sent some samples to them. 10 minutes later, I accepted an offer to work on a project for them to take to the Bologna Children's Book Fair! Needless to say, I was absolutely delighted by this turn of events. Even more so when they said they'd like me to do four board books for them. Hopefully I'll be able to post some images soon as it's a really fun project!
Apologies for also not announcing the winners of my mini-comics giveaway either as I was working flat-out all weekend. The lucky peeps are: David Tiernan and Victoria N. Well done guys!

4 comments:

  1. That's great news! Look forward to seeing what you do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome! Great work, and your mini comics crack me up! Ha-ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails